ABOUT THE COURSE
The NICPP Program/ Project Management online training course is based on the Indian Infrastructure Body of Knowledge (InBoK), a guide designed by and for Program/ Project professionals in the Indian infrastructure industry.
The training course has been developed to familiarize the project professionals with broader concepts and standardized language of Program/ Project management, as applied to infrastructure and construction industry and to give exposure to the best practices followed during the life cycle of programs and projects. This online course will assist prospective candidates and practitioners in understanding the core concepts of large capital project implementation.
This mandatory 22-hour training course is an amalgamation of presentation-based learning, supportive case studies and self-assessment at the end of each section.
Training consists of seven distinct modules of a Program and Project life cycle, further bifurcated into 21 sections:
1. Design & Implementation: Conceptualizing and designing the program and devising an effective program with a robust implementation plan.
Section 1: Initiation and Implementation Plan
Section 2: Benefits Management and Governance
2 . Constituent Project Acquisition: Executing the project with an adequate amount of planning and right contracting strategies with compensation mechanisms is established to assure the desired project results.
Section 3: Pre-Project Planning and Contracting Strategies
Section 4: Bidding Documents Preparation and Contract Negotiations
3. Constituent Project Initiation: It entails the rationale of the project’s purpose, goals, and timeline to be met. An effective stakeholder engagement strategy is needed to remove hindrances in project execution
Section 5: Initiation and Stakeholder Assessment
4. Constituent Project Planning: Setting up a program and individual baseline framework of the project for the effective monitoring and control of program/ projects and adequately planning the documentation requirements, information flow, and digital infrastructure to set up the program/project.
Section 6: Setting-up Baseline
Section 7: Setup and Administration
Section 8: Interface and Integration Management
5. Project Monitoring & Control: Addressing the methods and processes to monitor the key aspects of programs/ projects. Also, integrate the inter-relation of constituent projects and their integration with the program in terms of cost, time, payment tracking, and contract changes
Section 9: Cost Monitoring and Control
Section 10: Schedule Monitoring and Control
Section 11: Management of Payment to Concessionaire/Contractor
Section 12: Integrated Change Management
6. Managing Constituent Projects: Execution methods and guidelines for various components and phases of projects including engineering, supply chain management, quality management, and health safety projects in a way that program implementation is fruitful and benefits realization is achieved.
Section 13: Information Management and Digital implementation
Section 14: Engineering/Design Management
Section 15: Supply Chain Management
Section 16: Construction/Site Management
Section 17: Quality Management
Section 18: Sustainability and Value Management
Section 19: Safety, Health, Environment, and Security
Section 20: Integrated Risk Management
7. Project Completion: Finalizing all project activities completed across all phases of the project. It is made much early in the project so that at every stage of the projects, requirements related to close-out are identified and checked
Section 21: Program and Project Close-Out and Knowledge Management
The major objective of this course is to help the project professionals to:
- Understand the core concepts of program management and project Management from concept to close-out.
- Comprehend the programmatic approach to large infrastructure projects.
- Familiarize with international best practices to deal with interfaces, changes, and risks
- Appreciate and apply project management tools and techniques to infrastructure projects
- Become well equipped with knowledge and skills require for successful execution of infrastructure projects and programs
After the successful completion of the course, you will be having the knowledge of and skill to:
- Contribute to program design, implementation, and benefits realization of large infrastructure projects.
- Involve in strategic aspects of project execution such pre-project planning, contract strategies, value creation and sustainability
- Handle various work domains of constituent projects such as engineering, supply chain, health & Safety construction, and commissioning.
- Monitor cost, schedule, changes, interfaces, and risks related to program implementation and project execution
Effectively close the programs and projects while assuring the desired outcomes and outputs.