National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers which is commonly abbreviated as NABH is a constituent board of the Quality Council of India which has been setup to establish and operate accreditation programmes for hospitals, health care organizations with the objective of enhancing health system & promoting continuous quality improvement and patient safety.
- Vision: To be the apex national healthcare accreditation and quality improvement body, functioning at par with global benchmarks.
- Mission: To operate accreditation and allied programs in collaboration with stakeholders focusing on patient safety and quality of healthcare based upon national/international standards, through process of self and external evaluation.
- Credibility: Provide credible and value addition services
- Responsiveness: Willingness to listen and continuously improving service
- Transparency: Openness in communication and freedom of information to its stakeholders
- Innovation: Incorporating change, creativity, continuous learning and new ideas to improve the services being provided
Currently, NABH is offering around 25 accreditation, certification and empanelment programs for various healthcare providers. The healthcare industry has adopted NABH in such a way that today NABH is the largest national healthcare provider accreditation body in our country with more than 13,000 healthcare organizations partnered to NABH under various accreditation, certification and empanelment programs.
About the Course:
This online course has been designed and drafted to provide detailed information regarding understanding and implementation of the NABH 5th Edition standards and targets Hospital managers, Quality managers and frontline staff responsible for implementation of a quality management system in a hospital and healthcare organizations.
Objective of the course:
The objective of this course is to provide guidance to healthcare provider on implementation of NABH standards according to the 5th Edition. The aim of the course is to develop internal counsellors within the hospitals for helping them to work towards implementation of quality and patient safety standards, achieving accreditation and maintaining the same.
Who Should attend:
Owners of healthcare organization, medical professional, nursing professional, medical administrators, para medical staff, etc. NABH encourage to keep the group a mix of professionals from diverse healthcare background.
What you will learn:
The Course provides an in-depth knowledge regarding various clauses and objective elements of the standards and after taking this online course, one shall be able to:
- Understand the requirements for the accreditation of hospitals and healthcare organizations.
- Implement the requirements of NABH standards according to the 5th edition.
- Identify the purpose and interaction of a quality management system covering both managerial and technical requirements.
- Implement these requirements to ensure added service to the hospitals and healthcare providers with enhanced confidence.
- Introduction of QCI & NABH (Hospital POI)
- Access Assessment and Continuity of Care (AAC) - Part 1
- Access Assessment and Continuity of Care (AAC) - Part 2
- Access Assessment and Continuity of Care (AAC) - Part 3
- Care of Patients (COP)- Part 1
- Care of Patients (COP)- Part 2
- Care of Patients (COP)- Part 3
- Care of Patients (COP)- Part 4
- Management of Medication (MOM) - Part 1
- Management of Medication (MOM) - Part 2
- Management of Medication (MOM) - Part 3
- Patient Rights and Education (PRE)
- Hospital Infection Control (HIC)- Part 1
- Hospital Infection Control (HIC)- Part 2
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement (PSQ) - Part 1
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement (PSQ) - Part 2
- Responsibilities of Management (ROM)- Part 1
- Responsibilities of Management (ROM)- Part 2
- Facility Management and Safety (FMS)
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Broad Guidelines
- How to Document
- Internal Assessment
- Preparing for Assessments
After completing this program, the participants will be able to appreciate the basic concept of accreditation and acquire knowledge/ understanding about the documentation and implementation of quality management system and patient safety in hospitals and healthcare organizations based on management and technical requirements stipulated in NABH 5th edition standards.
This 13-hour course can be completed in 6 months.
Type of examination:
It will be a computer-based examination which will include multiple choice questions (MCQ). The said questions will be from the topics covered in the course.