About the Course:
The course offers theoretical and practical tools to help teachers/learners in embedding critical thinking from the teaching process to the assessment. The course is structured as a toolkit which teachers use at their own pace, the course features five units/modules which sheds light on meaningful and multidisciplinary learning activities.QCI-NABET has developed a standard for Quality School Governance that provides a framework for effective management and delivery of holistic education. We firmly believe that our offerings provide an opportunity to gain new skills and refresh the existing skill-sets in line with the requirement in industry.
Module-1: Constructivist Approach- part-I
- Features of constructivist classroom teaching as per National Curriculum Framework-2005
- Major features of Teacher centred vs. Child centred classroom setting
- Demonstration of “Activating Prior Knowledge” teaching skill in Science, Mathematics, Language and other school subjects in real classroom setting
- Development of Lesson plan based on “Graphic Organizer or Concept Mapping” teaching approach
- Demonstration of “Graphic Organizers or Concept Mapping” teaching approach in Science, Mathematics & English for concept building and meaningful learning in real classroom setting
Module-2: Constructivist Approach-Part-II
- What is “5E-Engage, Elaborate, Explain, Elaborate/Extend and Evaluate” Teaching-learning model
- Specification of teacher behaviour and student behaviour as per each component of “5E”
- Why “5E” is effective teaching-learning model for effective and meaningful learning
- How “5E” Teaching-learning model promote active learning
- Demonstration of application of “5E” teaching-learning model in real classroom setting in Mathematics, Science and English Language and other school subjects
Module-3: Questioning Skills
- Framing quality questions based on Remembering, Understanding, Applying, Analysing, Evaluating and Creating thinking levels as per revised Bloom’s Taxonomy in various school subjects with practical examples
- Demonstration of Asking high order thinking and low order thinking skills in real classroom setting as per Bloom’s Taxonomy
Module-4: Accommodating learning needs of different learning styles in real classroom setting
- What is definition of learning style?
- What is description of VARK-Visual, Auditory, Reading & Writing and Kinaesthetic Learning style?
- How to identify learning style of student in real school setting?
- Demonstration of accommodating learning needs of different learning styles with in classroom setting with practical examples for all school subjects
- Demonstration of use of Multi-sensory approach in real classroom setting
Module-5: Solidifying Concept learning by Concept Attainment Model (CAM)
- What is Concept?
- What is Concept Attainment Model?
- Specification of each phase of CAM
- How CAM is effective tool for deepening concept learning?
- Demonstration of Lesson planning based on CAM and classroom transaction in real classroom setting in Mathematics and Science school subjects etc
Note: This 3 hours course can be completed in 3 months.
Type of examination: It will be a computer based examination which will include multiple choice questions (MCQ). The said questions will be from the topics covered in the course.